CommSpeed Acceptable Use Policy
This Agreement is between CommSpeed LLC (“CommSpeed”) and a Customer (as defined by the CommSpeed Service Request Form) for Internet services (the “Service”). Customers agree to abide by the following
- may not restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Internet.
- may not use the CommSpeed service to operate server programs, including, but not limited to, web hosting, multi-user interactive forums, game servers, or operating an internal mail/http/ftp/irc/dhcp server to serve external connections or to support multi-user interactive forums.
- may not resell, share, or otherwise distribute the Services or any portion thereof to any third party without the prior written consent of CommSpeed. For example, you cannot provide Internet access to others through a dialup or high-speed connection, host shell accounts over the Internet, provide email or news service, send a news feed or redistribute CommSpeed Internet service via wireless network.
- may not post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law, including without limitation the U.S. export control laws and regulations.
- may not post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, trojan horse, worm or other harmful component.
- may not upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, information, software or other material obtained through the Service which is protected by copyright, or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or rightholder; or may not upload, post, publish, reproduce, transmit or distribute in any way any component of the Service itself or derivative works with respect thereto, as the Service is copyrighted as a collective work under U.S. copyright laws.
- may not use the Service to invade the privacy of third parties, impersonation of CommSpeed personnel, transmitting via e-mail, USENET, chat service or the Customer’s personal web page or site, abusive, profane, libelous, slanderous, threatening or otherwise harassing material and posting material in any USENET or newsgroup that is off-topic according to the charter or other public statement of the USENET or newsgroup. Customer also agrees not to use the Service to solicit other customers to patronize competing services, not to violate or tamper with the security of the CommSpeed Service or attempt to utilize another customer’s account name or persona without authorization from that customer.
- may not use the CommSpeed Service, CommSpeed’s equipment or any CommSpeed electronic mail address, phone service, or CommSpeed hosted service in connection with the transmitting of unsolicited email messages (spam), unsolicited phone calls, or Usenet Newsgroup postings, whether commercial or not, to a large number of recipients. This prohibition extends to the sending of unsolicited mass mailings from another service which in any way implicates the use of the CommSpeed Service, CommSpeed’s equipment or any CommSpeed electronic mail address or CommSpeed hosted service. Any implication thereof by any mass emailing or posting of this type will be grounds for dismissal, regardless of the provable origin of the offending messages. A message is unsolicited if it is posted in violation of a USENET or newsgroup charter and/or if it is sent to a recipient who has not requested or invited the message.
- shall not maintain more than 100 MB of electronic mail storage for Customer and that Customer is responsible for ensuring that the level of electronic mail storage remains below this 100 MB limit. Customer expressly agrees that CommSpeed shall not be liable to Customer or parties interacting with Customer for any damages resulting from action CommSpeed takes to enforce this provision.
- may not use the CommSpeed dialup service on a standby or inactive basis in order to maintain a connection, nor use a single account for multiple simultaneous dialup connections. Automated electronic or mechanical processes employed to maintain a constant connection to dialup service – such as use of an auto-dialer, persistent checking of e-mail or “pinging” the host are expressly prohibited. Multiple simultaneous connections using dialup accounts are not permitted. If you share your password with a family member or other person (which we discourage), you are responsible for everything and anything they do with your account.
CommSpeed has no obligation to monitor the Service. CommSpeed will not intentionally monitor nor disclose any private electronic-mail message unless required by law. However, you agree that CommSpeed has the right to monitor the Service electronically from time to time and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate the Service properly, or to protect itself or its subscribers.
CommSpeed reserves the right to amend or change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
Last modified: November, 2011